Preparation Prior to your Walk
Before you set out on your walk please observe the following points:
- Wear solid and stable footwear with sole grips
- Ensure you have adequate drinking water
- During the drier months, do not drink the creek water due to its high mineral content unless in an emergency
- Ensure you have adequate clothing. The weather can change quickly.
- Walk at a speed to suite your slowest walker
- Advise Rangers if you intend to do extended walks
- Carry a first aid kit
PARK CODE as issued by NPWS
- Leave your pets at home. Dogs and cats are not permitted in Deep Creek and Talisker Conservation Parks as they disturb native fauna and park visitors.
- Drive carefully and obey all signs. Keep your vehicle on existing roads and tracks. Visitors must not drive on fire access tracks. Do not block gate ways with your vehicles as they may be required in an emergency
- Do not disturb, collect or damage animals, wildflowers, other vegetation, soil or rock formations.
- Do not bring firearms into the Park
Please note that park fees apply to gain access to Deep Creek Conservation Park.
However, guests staying with Southern Ocean Retreats are not required to pay a fee in order to gain access to their cottage. Furthermore, we provide a complimentary Park Entry Pass for use during your stay once you’ve checked in.
This permit must be displayed when you you use your vehicle to drive to the various walking trails and lookouts in the Park.
Rangers will issue expiation fees if permits are not displayed on your car windscreen so please take note.
Additional permits can be purchased on line if required prior to visiting the Park.